Sunday, November 11, 2012

Readmission & the flu :(

We took Kendall to her 1st pediatrician appointment this morning.  It was just supposed to be a bilirubin and weight check, but her bilicheck was 18-waaaaaay too high!  So Dr. G came in and saw our peanut pumpkin and sent us to the hospital for a blood draw :(

Dressed up for her 1st doctor appointment
 Long story short, Dr. G called us a couple of hours later and let us know that Kendall needed to be readmitted to pediatrics for phototherapy.  So I headed to the hospital with my pumpkin.  She was admitted and placed under 4 lights to treat her bilirubin.

I called my mom to let her know Kendall was readmitted and she informed me that she had the flu....as did my SIL, my brother and my other brother's girlfriend....all of whom had visited us in the last 48 hours.  Then I called Alan to tell him we were settled in....and he told me that when he picked up Alyvia from school, they had her sitting with a garbage can because she felt sick.  I hadn't felt good all day, which I had been chalking up to a busy day after just having a baby, but I started thinking maybe I had the flu too :(  At 9 pm I got my answer, I did indeed have the flu.  I called Alan, my Father In Law went to our house to watch the kids and Alan traded me at the hospital so I could go home and not expose Kendall to anything.  It was a miserable night, I felt awful and I didn't want to be away from my baby.  BUT, it could have been far worse and I wasn't sick anymore at least.  I felt very achy Saturday morning, but I was determined to purge our house of sickness so I cleaned and washed sheets.  Then Brittany came over to watch Cole & Alyvia so I could go up to the hospital and see Kendall. 

Alyvia made a decoration for Kendall's bed at the hospital :)
Kendall's bilirubin level was down on Saturday morning so they let her out from the under the lights and rechecked her level at 3 pm.  Around 5, we were discharged again! 


We went home and had a re-do as a family of 5!  We were so happy to be home (and healthy) again!

Alyvia's Welcome Home sign for Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment