Thursday, November 8, 2012

Kendall Ashway Cowser

Kendall Ashway Cowser was born on November 6, 2012 at 18:23.  She weighed in at 6 lbs. 13.6 oz. and was 18.5 inches long.

This might be boring for the 4 people that read my blog, but I want to remember so here's a recap of the day.  I got up at 4:00 to get ready to be at the hospital at 6.  I called at 5:00 to make sure that they had bed space for me and....they didn't!  So, a small set back.  I still left home and went to my mom and dad's and hung out with my mom for a bit.  The L & D nurse called me at 6:30 and told me to go ahead and come in, they were ready now.  My mom and I got there around 7 and we finally (slowly) got things going.  Alan got to the hospital around 8:30 after dropping Alyvia off at school.  We were still waiting on doctors orders to start the induction.  Finally around 10:30, the pitocin was started.  My contractions actually started right away!  Dr. B came in to check on me around noon.  I was only 3 cm, but she was able to break my water.  I got my epidural close to 1 pm and then we waited for things to pick up.  I was contracting every 3 minutes and on the monitor the contractions looked strong, but I couldn't feel a thing from my stomach down!  At 4 pm, my new nurse came into check me and I was still only 3 cm dilated :(  We were disappointed and assumed we were in for another long labor (like Colson!).  Kristin came up for a visit and my epidural started to wear off while she was there.  We had my parents bring the kids up for a visit too since we assumed baby girl wasn't going to make her appearance until late in the night.  Alan walked the kids out with my parents around 5:15 and Dr. L stopped by to see if we were making any progress.  I was 8 cm and he thought things were probably going to move fast!!!  I called Alan and told him to get back upstairs quickly :)  I started pushing a little after 6 pm, pushed through 3 contractions and Miss Kendall made her appearance at 18:23.  She came out crying, declaring herself healthy and mad at being born! 




After spending a little time with Mommy and Daddy, Alan's parents were the first to meet our Kendall.

Next Chris, Anne, Finnegan & Lindsey came to meet her.  It was time for Kendall to go to the nursery though.  Nana and Papa brought Alyvia & Colson back to the hospital to meet baby sister too.  Alyvia apparently was almost demanding to be brought up!
Colson sees Kendall for the first time...he was really hollering for Daddy :)
Alyvia "meets" Kendall



Daddy feeds Kendall her 1st bottle
Unfortunately, Kendall had to stay in the nursery to warm up and it got late so everyone left before they got a chance to actually meet her. 

Big Sis and Big Bro hanging out in Mom's room.  Colson pretty much only cared about Daddy at this point!



After the crowd left, Alan went and got us some food (McDonald's for me!) and then we hung out with little Kendall for a bit. 




I sent Alan home for the night.  I was in a double room and I was afraid that I would get a roommate (I didn't though!) and he would have to leave anyway.  He planned to take Alyvia to school the next morning and then come hang out with us girls at the hospital.

We are so excited that Kendall is here!  I can't wait to see how she fits into our family.  I love having this little girl already!

No comments:

Post a Comment