Thursday, May 19, 2011

Our First Last Day of School

Today was Alyvia's last day of 3 year old preschool :(



How could it be her last day when it seems like it was just her first?

1st day of school August '10
I can't believe that she has 1 more year of preschool and then she'll be in kindergarten-say it isn't so!  She just continues to grow up, faster and faster.  For her last day of school they had a party all day long, played outside and had lunch.  She loved school this year and I think she will be just as excited next year.


Katelynn, Paige, Alyvia and Noelle

This cutie had fun playing too!



After school we went and picked up Nana for lunch at Avanti's.  Then Livi and I picked out some flowers to plant and we took Colson for his 8 month pictures, busy day!  Tonight Livi and I planted our flowers after Colson was in bed.  We found ants in the yard and Alyvia was so mad at them!  She said "they (the ants) think this is their home, but it is our garden!  I am so mad at them!"  She cracks me up :)  She continued to stomp around the yard with her hands on her hips-too funny! 

One more story, just for the memories when she won't let me lay with her anymore.  Most nights that I'm home, I am the one to put Alyvia to bed.  Sometimes we read books in bed, but I always tuck her in and then turn off her wall light.  She says "I can't see you!" and turns on her monkey soother with the blue backlight.  I then lay in bed with her for "5 minutes".  She talks and talks and talks.  Tonight she rolled toward me and put her arm around my neck.  When I get up to leave, I always have to walk to her side of the bed to give her hugs and kisses and sometimes we do XMO's (eskimo kisses).  Most nights I tell her "you're my favorite girl" and many times she replies with "you're my best mommy".   I love this time of the day, quiet time just me and my girl.  I know too soon she won't need me to lay with her at night.  Until then, I love the time to cuddle my favorite girl each night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment