Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo-no margaritas to celebrate here, but plently of "excitement".  Colson is sick-AGAIN!  He was up a lot of the night last night, just fussy.  Alan thought that maybe his ear infection was back, so I called and got him into the pediatrician.  Sure enough, he's got ear infections, again.  He stopped his antibiotics Monday and had 3 good days before he got sick again.  I wish we could just figure out what is wrong with him and fix it, I'm so sick of this "virus".  After we picked up his antibiotic we dropped him off with Aunt Anne to hang out while Livi and I went to Mommy's Day at her preschool.  Alyvia had to change into her fancy dress before we went :)



She had made me a card for Mother's day, we painted a vase together (purple and pink) and then we played a version of BINGO (MOMMY).  We also had a yummy cookie and punch snack. 

It was a lot of fun, but ended on a bit of a sour note.  A lot of the kids were running around and playing at the end of the evening and she wanted to play too.  Everytime she went up to a "friend" though, she got quiet and then the "friend" sort of ignored her.  She got her feelings hurt and that made me sad :(   She was being a little difficult too about what the kids were playing.  She wanted to play princess, but the other kids were playing freeze tag and she had NO interest in that and it made her mad that she wasn't in charge.  I want her to have friends and to play nice and it's so hard to watch her struggle at times.  She's only 3, what will it be like at 13?!   Hopefully she can learn to assert herself a little more when needed and be a little more open to play what other kids want to play too.  She's so much more outgoing than I ever was as a child and probably more so than I am now.  I want so badly for her not to be painfully shy and awkward like me.  Hopefully I will learn how to teach her to be a good friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment