Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Splash Park

We had to get up early today and take Colson to his 9 month appointment at 8:30 (yuck).  For me, that meant getting up at 6:20 so that I could shower and get both kids up, dressed, fed and out the door by 8.  On top of that I decided we'd make a whole morning out of our trip so I had to pack up swim stuff and Colson's bottles, food, etc. for the morning.  BUT, we did it and it was so worth it!  We were at the doctor's office 5 minutes early even!  According to our pediatrician, Colson is doing great.  He is 19 lbs. 11 oz. and 28 inches long, right around the 35th-40th percentile (where he's always been).  While we were there Colson was showing off his waving and tongue clicking tricks :)  After our appointment, I took the kids to McDonalds for some breakfast and to kill some time before the splash pool opened.  Livi and I ate and talked, Colson had a bottle and it was fun just doing that!  Then we headed to Morton for "Toddler Time" in the splash pool! 



Livi had tons of fun running around the little pool and going down the slides!  Colson even woke up to join in on the fun.  He was a little unsure at first (picture tears and clinging to me like a monkey).  BUT, he warmed up to it really quickly.  I let him stand between my knees for awhile and then I sat him down and showed him how to splash and he really got into it!  I have hope for vacation now-ha!  He really had a good time too : )  Wish I had some pictures of Colson, but I couldn't leave him in the water by himself!!  We all had a great morning together and we will definitely be participating again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment