Saturday, June 18, 2011

Warriors!!

Today Anne and I completed the "Warrior Dash".  To quote the website "Warrior Dash is a mud-crawling, fire-leaping, extreme run from hell"!!  It was 3.25 miles of crazy running in mud, up hills, through creeks and completing crazy obstacles (most which involved lots of climbing up walls).  It was so much fun to do with Anne!  She got me to sign up in January and I started training (for the running part) in March.  I'm proud to say I've lost 10 lbs since I've started running, a feat I've never done before.  I can normally run 3 miles in just over 30 minutes now and I feel so much better about myself.  I don't love the running, but I do love how I feel after!  Back to the race...Anne, Alan, my mom, Alyvia and I left our house in the afternoon for a farm in Channahon, where the race was (Colson stayed home with Mamaw).  There were waves of participants that started every 30 minutes from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.  So many people!
Gas station off the Interstate exit welcoming us!

Livi and I before the race-she spent the whole week telling me she didn't want me to race, I still don't know why!

Before

Coming out of the woods where we just climbed up a really steep, muddy hill

The last climbing obstacle-there were so many!

Fire-jumping!

Mud crawling (me on left in front, Anne on right in pink tank top)

After

Warriors!!  Helmets and all!

The littlest warrior :)

I had so much fun!  I plan to continue running and need to find my next race to motivate me!

No comments:

Post a Comment