Monday, February 25, 2013

Kickin' It!

I searched and searched for an activity for 2 year old little boys.  I wasn't having a lot of luck.  Gymnastics didn't really seem "up Cole's alley", music class is too much sitting down, a lot of classes you have to be older for.  But then I was flipping through the Peoria Park District catalog at my parents house and I came across the Happy Feet soccer program.  There is a class just for 2 year olds, it's 30 minutes and it's on Mondays (which I already have off every week because of Alyvia's dance class).  Decision made.  Colson was going to try playing soccer!
2/18/13 Before Colson's 1st soccer class

The first Monday was Presidents Day, so Alyvia was along with us too.  The first class was a little "iffy".  Colson didn't want any part of the stretching and he didn't seem very enthused.  But, he ran and kicked the ball and kind of listened to the coach too!  For Colson, I thought he did a good job.  We went again today and he did even better :)  He did all the warm ups that the coach did and he seemed a lot more excited!  I am really proud of my Colson.  He takes a while to "warm up" to new people and situations and during the 2nd class he is really participating!  It makes me so happy to see him be a part of something.  I couldn't care less if he plays soccer growing up, but I don't want him to be afraid to try new things.  Keep it up Colson!

No comments:

Post a Comment