Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's Vegas Baby!

On Monday Alan and I left, by ourselves, for a little getaway.  Alan is now a seed adviser for Syngenta.  The company had a conference in Las Vegas and paid for Alan and I to go! 

Livi was pretty sad when we left Monday morning :(  Our babysitter Meaghan said she moped around most of the morning saying she wanted  her "real" mommy (not the picture I drew for her)!  Luckily, Livi perked up-spending most of the time with her cousins while we were gone helped a lot!  I'm not sure Colson even realized what was going on.  I'm sure he knew he wasn't at home, but everyone said he was super happy and slept well, so that makes me happy :)

Alan and I were supposed to fly out of Peoria at 9:30 Monday morning and connect in Chicago to Las Vegas.  Our flight was over an hour late in Peoria and we thought we would miss our flight out of Ohare.  We were "lucky" the Chicago flight was delayed too so we got on the plane and thought we would only be about an hour behind our expected arrival in Vegas.  Well, after sitting on the plane for over an hour, we had to taxi back to the gate so a mechanic could fix somebody's seat back-Aaargh!  After fueling up (again), we finally made it out to the runway and left over 2 hours late.   We thought flying over the mountains was super cool (we're dorks, I know)

We finally arrived in sunny Las Vegas, albeit a little later than expected....

We stayed at The Mirage-super nice. 

We upgraded to a suite, because that's how we roll :)

The living area


2 bathrooms and an entry way!



 Monday night we went to the welcome dinner and then walked the strip a little bit.  Tuesday, Alan had meetings from 8:30 to 2 p.m.  I relaxed in the room until about 10 and then did some shopping!


After lunch, I went and laid by the pool, read my Kindle and just relaxed-it was great!!! That afternoon we went to Seigfried and Roy's Secret Garden at The Mirage.  It had dolphins, tigers, white lions and leopards-it was really neat.



You could get so close to the dolphin pool!
My phone battery died so I didn't get any other pictures of the animals :(  That night Syngenta had a dinner at The Hard Rock Cafe.  They had an Elvis impersonator for entertainment-ha!  We did a little more gambling that night, but we're not very good at it.  I wanted to play craps, but neither of us have any idea how!  The next morning Alan had a short meeting and I headed back to the pool for some more sun and relaxation :)  We flew back home that afternoon, all of our flights were on time and we got home around 10:30 that night.  It was a really quick trip, but it was worth it for sure!  Alan and I don't do a whole lot without the kids and it was nice for just us to go somewhere together.  This seed adviser thing might have more perks than I thought!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment