Sunday, October 16, 2011

Goal: Run a 5K-check!

A couple of months ago, I started looking for another race to run.  I wanted to do a true 5K and Bradley's homecoming/alumni weekend included a 5K.  So I sent out a message to my BU girls asking if they wanted to run it together...fully expecting them to tell me no way (in no uncertain terms).  Well, they all said YES!  I was so excited!  Jonna and Jenny came to town with their families Friday evening and the race was bright and early on Saturday morning!


"Before"

"Waiting for the gun" (Kathy was in the front!)

The race was all around BU's campus, with LOTS of twists and turns.  It was officially 3.25 miles (according to Kathy)  and I finished in 27:44-yep, that's under a 9 minute mile!  My goal was to finish under a 10 minute mile so I was very happy with my time...now I need to work on my distance!

"After"
We all finished!  It was so much fun to do this with some of my best friends-I hope we make it a tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment