Sunday, October 30, 2011

Family Fun

After a bad day at work yesterday, I took a personal day to spend with my family.  We haven't spent any significant time together, just the 4 of us, in over 4 weeks.  Alan had been away part of this week and I felt like I couldn't deal with anybody at work today-so I took family time to recuperate.  It was so worth it, just what I needed.  I think with a couple more days off and some good time spent with my kiddos, I can be prepared to go back to work with an improved attitude by Thursday.  Today we had a quiet morning around the house and then went over to my in-laws for lunch.  The kids all dressed up in their costumes to show Grandma Alice, Mamaw and Papaw.  We ended up with some pretty great pictures of the kids and their grandparents!

A witch, a ladybug, Minnie Mouse, Bam Bam, Pebbles and our little bat

Happy Halloween!!

Alyvia, Cole, Mamaw, Reagan, Rylie, Kinsley, Papaw and Brenner

The kids and Grandma Alice

Creepy halloween eyes!
We came home in the afternoon, relaxed some more and then went to my parents for dinner.  It was a relaxing day...just what the crazy doctor (because that's where I was headed) would have ordered for me. 

As much as I enjoyed my family time, another 'almost' family was first and foremost in my thoughts today.  I hope their family days will come soon.  We love them and will continue to pray for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment