Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Poor Neglected Blog :(

It's so hard to blog these days!  I have so much stuff I want to write down and not forget, but apparently we are too busy-ha!  I am so stinking tired by the time the kids are in bed, I have no energy to even blog.  But, I can play catch up, so here goes....

On May 19th Anne, Lindsey, Amanda and I ran in the inaugural River City Marathon Relay.  It was a beatiful, sunny and HUMID day!  I ran the 2nd leg of the race and went 6.9 miles in about an hour and 20 minutes.  I was good until about mile 5 and then I thought I might throw up....but I didn't :)  Poor Anne ran the last leg, 7.1 miles in the heat of the day :(  We all ran the last 0.3 miles together and finished our marathon in under 5 hours!


Alyvia had her last day of school as a kindergartener...


We celebrated Memorial Day by just looking our cutest :)


The first weekend in June was Alyvia's dance recital.  I was terribly nervous being a first time "dance mom". There were so many rules and instructions on how exactly the girls were supposed to look!  It ended up going great though, it was obvious this wasn't the studios first "rodeo".  Alyvia did her ballet dance first to "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. 


Then we had to do a costume and hair change for her sassy tap dance to "Personality". 


Rehearsal night was great so we were prepared the night of the actual recital.   Alyvia was a little nervous before and after the first dance, but once we found each other after her performance she was good to go for the rest of the night! Uncle Chris, Aunt Anne, Finn, Uncle Shane and Lindsey came and watched on rehearsal night. 



Aunt Lindsey used to dance at Kim's too & gave Livi flowers after her performances! 


The morning of recital night was Alyvia's first t-ball game too!


Little brother was excited to go cheer sister on....until we got there, then he wanted to go home!

She hit the ball every time up!
That afternoon we went to Shannon's bridal shower and then it was recital time!

Mehala, Mekaya, Kaitlyn, Ilah, Ava, Alyvia, Morgan

Emily, Ni, Kaitlyn & Alyvia
Nana, Papa, Mamaw and Daddy were there for recital night. 



Daddy and Mamaw both gave Livi flowers after her show!

Alyvia was so excited after the recital.  She is set on doing dance again next year!  And more catching up for my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment