Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

Merry Christmas!  I knew going into nursing that I would have to work holidays and because it was my choice, I try not to complain too much.  That said, it sucks.  I want to be with my family on every holiday just as much as the next person.  This Christmas was so special because I got to spend the whole holiday with my family and enjoy every minute of it!  "Loved it" would be an understatement!  The kids slept in until about 8 Christmas morning and we all went downstairs together to see what Santa had brought us.


Colson is NOT a morning person :)

Baby Sister finally woke up to join the celebration after the big kids were done opening their presents.
My parents came over for a bit before they went to Chicago to celebrate with my mom's siblings.  Alyvia and Colson were super happy to show off all of their presents!

For next winter!
 Earlier in the week Alan decided we needed to make a big meal on Christmas.  So we invited his parents and Grandma over to eat a late lunch with us.  Alan did most of the work and it was delicious, we even used our china for the first time ever (hey, we've only been married 7 years-ha!).

The big kids stayed in their pajamas all day and we ended the night watching Colson's new John Deere movie together :)
This beautiful girl did put her Christmas outfit on :)

It was the perfect holiday for us and I am so thankful that we got to spend it together.  Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment