Friday, June 1, 2012

A Person's a Person, No Matter How Small

Tonight, I hosted a baby shower for Anne and Finnegan.  I was so excited to do this for Anne and Finn!  I went with a "Dr. Seuss" theme and it was so fun!  I got my invitations on Etsy and I loved them-I would post a picture, but my phone number is on there :)  I got all the decoration ideas from Pinterest (love!)

Here are my Truffala Trees from The Lorax.  Styrafoam craft balls wrapped with a boa.  They were so easy to make and turned out really cute, I wish I had done more!


I love diaper cakes!  For Anne, I made The Cat in The Hat themed diaper cake. 

I didn't get a good picture of my One Fish, Two Fish chandelier :(  I loved the fishies though, they were so cute!  My centerpiece for my table was red and white daisies in a vase with blue gems on the bottom.  Around the top of the vase I wrapped blue fluff.  Then some swedish fish hung out there for snacking!

My lighting on my camera was off for some of the pictures, but this was my kitchen island where all the food was set up.  My mom made ALL of the food and it was so so so good!  We had Wocket in My Pocket pitas (ham, egg salad or chicken salad), Green Eggs & Ham deviled eggs, Oodles of Noodles pasta salad, Red Fish, Blue Fish Berry Salad (blueberries & strawberries), Pink Ink Yink Drink (pink lemonade) & Beezlenut splash (red punch).   Yummy!!


I ordered the cake from Le Bakery.  Delicious red velvet on top and delectable chocolate cake on the bottom layer.  I ordered a Cat In the Hat to sit on top, but it didn't come in time :(  Not as cute as it could have been, but absolutely delicious!


My entry table with more red and white daisies.  My mom also brought a container filled with red, white and blue candies that sat on this table.  As people walked in, they guessed how many candies were in the jar.


We played 2 other little games and watched Anne open all of her lovely gifts.  I realize now that I didn't get a picture of the guest of honor and his mommy :(  He was a trooper though and didn't make so much as a peep as he was passed from person to person-such a good boy!   I had so much fun getting ready for this shower and the turnout was totally worth all the work.  I hope everyone had as much fun as I did welcoming baby Finn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment