Friday, April 1, 2011

2nd Birthday bash

Today the kids and I went to a 2nd birthday party for our friends Sienna and Emmerson.  I thought the party started at 11 or 12-I was wrong.  It started at 10 and I found that out at 8:45-when I had just put Colson down for a nap, hadn't showered, Alyvia was still in her jammies and the party was 40 minutes away-oops.  I almost just said forget it, but Livi wanted to go so we got ourselves together and got ready for the party. We made it and we were only about 30 minutes late, not too shabby.  Livi always takes a little while to warm up to everyone, but once she did she played so nice with all the kids.  I was so proud of her.  She played with Jameson, Landrie and Lizzie-no fighting at all.  She also played a little with Emmerson too.  Livi is really growing up and acting a lot more mature (at times!).


Emme, Alyvia and (the back of) Lizzie

Alyvia, Jameson and Lizzie

The party was at Danielle's house and she did such a nice job.  She made the kids homemade chicken nuggets (which I never even thought to do-ever), there was yummy spinach salad, delicious buffalo chicken dip, barbecue sandwiches, fruit and fruit dip.  Then she made the cutest cupcakes for the kids (and I possibly had one as well).

Fish cupcakes!

After we ate, the girls opened presents and the kids all played a little more before we headed home.
I'm so glad that we ended up going.  Colson was a good boy too and I had a great time visiting with my friends, who I don't see enough of.  When Alan got home, I went out for a run and actually ran my whole 1.87 mile route.  Slowly, but surely, I'm getting a little bit better at running-not great, but better.  I just may be able to run that 5K in June! 

No comments:

Post a Comment