Sunday, January 30, 2011

Party, Party

What a busy weekend!  Alan's parents kept both kids Friday night so that Alan and I could have a "date night" and get some uninterrupted sleep!  We went to dinner at Olive Garden and saw the movie The Dilemma.  Dinner was yummy and the movie was pretty good.  We got to sleep in Saturday morning until 9:30!!!  It was the best :)  As soon as Alan brought the kids home, Alyvia and I left to run some errands and go to Jameson's 5th birthday party.  First my girl and I went to grab some lunch at McDonalds-her choice! Then we went to Target (where Alyvia got stickers) and Hobby Lobby (where Alyvia got more craft stuff) and finally ended at the Franciscan Center for the party.  The theme was Star Wars and although Livi has no idea what that is, she had tons of fun running around in the gym with her friends and then loved the yummy cupcakes!


After the party, Alyvia and I met Alan and Colson at my cousin Shannon's graduation party.  We had fun visiting with family and Alyvia had tons of fun playing Wii Just Dance-she was pretty good at it for a 3 year old!  Sunday we made it to church (we were actually early!), went to breakfast with my dad and Chris and to lunch with Alan's family.  Then Alan took the kids home and I went to the grocery store, it was CRAZY.  I guess that's what I get for going on a weekend when a big snowstorm is expected :)  After I got home, Alan and I put away groceries and then we went back to my mom and dad's for dinner.  It was so nice to spend time with both families-but we are tired tonight!  Colson has been out of sorts today and cried for 20 minutes while I rocked him to sleep.  He FINALLY gave in and let himself fall asleep, maybe he'll actually sleep through the night tonight-ha!  Poor Alyvia didn't fall asleep until about 9:30.  Back to work for me tomorrow, hoping that this snow (12 inches forecasted-yikes!) holds off until Tuesday and is done by Thursday for my work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment