Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BLIZZARD WARNING!

 Oh my goodness, let the blizzard of 2011 begin.  "Snowpocalypse" as some people are calling it.  Thank goodness I worked yesterday and I'm not scheduled to work until Thursday.  It's been snowing here since around noon and it's now blowing like crazy, the drifts are already probably 2 feet snow drifts!!  The snow and wind is supposed to continue through tomorrow, accumulation could be 24 inches!!!  Holy snow!  Here are a few pictures from tonight....

Immediately outside of my downstairs sliding door UNDER the deck!
Note the drift by the retaining wall so far!
Outside the downstairs sliding door

Retaining wall drift to the right of patio

I'm so thankful that we are all home and snowed in together.  Saying lots of prayers for all of my work friends either stuck at the hospital or heading to work tomorrow!   At this point I'm not sure I'll make it in on Thursday.  The kids and I stayed inside all day today, it was Alyvia's very 1st snow day off of school. 



What's the big deal mommy?

We did lots of puzzles and pretend play.  When daddy got home, we decided to move a lot of her toys downstairs and make her a little playroom.  We still need to get a carpet to go down there, but it is a great play area for her and frees up some space upstairs!  After dinner tonight we rented Despicable Me from the dish and had popcorn-so fun to do as a family :)  We'll be snowed in for sure tomorrow, hope we don't all go stir crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment