Thursday, December 5, 2013

Happy 30-something Birthday and Thanksgiving!

Last week we celebrated my birthday on Wednesday and then Thanksgiving on Thursday, busy busy!  Alyvia made my birthday present the Sunday before, so I got to open my present Wednesday morning :)
Alyvia drew this picture and Colson colored it for me :)





Alyvia is so sweet and thoughtful, I love her so much!  She puts so much thought into birthday gifts for everyone <3  Alan took Colson and Alyvia with him for the day and I got to spend a day at home with just Kendall :)  I got lots of cleaning done, which if you know me, is my kind of day-ha!  When they came home we all got ready and headed out to buy our Christmas trees and go to dinner.



We went to Olive Garden for dinner, yummy!  The kids got me a new pillow for my birthday too.  I've never had a nice pillow, usually just a $10 one from Target!  I love having a nice pillow and I've slept better since-my kids and their daddy are pretty good at picking out presents :)  It was a great day!

Thanksgiving was the next day.  Holidays are always pretty hectic for us and unfortunately, Kendall was not feeling well either.  She got up at 4:30 that morning and had a temp :(  I finally got her back to bed around 6 and then Colson was up for the day at 6:15, ugh, no rest for the weary!  We went to my in-laws house first to celebrate with Alan's family.


Beauty queen

Poor sick baby girl, but still adorable

My heartbreaker :)
After Mamaw and Papaw's we went to my parents house.  My mom cooked an amazing dinner and we got to visit with some of my family from the Chicago/Michigan area.  I wish Kendall had felt better, but Colson and Alyvia were so sweet to everyone.  By the afternoon, I was starting to feel crummy too-bleh.  All things considered though, it was a great day.  I didn't have to work and we got to celebrate the holiday with our entire family :)  Up next, the crazy Christmas season, here we go!

**sidenote:  Kendall went to the doctor the next day and had an ear infection :(  She's on antibiotics now and finally feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment