Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bachelorette Trip

My friend Caroline is getting married this December.  We celebrated her bachelorette party this weekend in Michigan!
Jonna, Kathy, Monica & Caroline
I don't want to lie, I wasn't all on board during the planning for this trip.  I hate leaving my kids for a whole weekend when I am not working (since I work every other weekend I don't get many weekend days with my family).  It's fall and Alan is SO BUSY so I knew I'd have to find baby sitters for all 3 kids for 2 nights and I was worried about the cost.  BUT, I can happily say, I was wrong!  We had a great time wine tasting all around South Haven!

Jonna & Caroline in front of the house we rented
The first 2 wineries we went to were actual vineyards.  Beautiful views!


Our 1st wine tasting!



Vineyard #2 was the prettiest setting.

They had a multi-level deck where you could sit and visit.  It was a little windy outside, but with a little wine to warm you up it was fabulous!


We grabbed lunch after our 2nd stop and then made our way to the downtown area.  So pretty!



Our 3rd stop was my least favorite, too disorganized for me!  But the 4th and final winery was great!  They had a long bar to sit at and there was no rush, so much fun to catch up with friends :)



We went to dinner to a little place called "Taste".  It was delicious food!


The bride to be!
 We headed back to our house after dinner....we're not twenty-somethings anymore!  It was a great day spend with friends that I don't get to see often enough.  My kiddos were so well taken care of back home too.  A big thank you goes out to my parents for keeping Livi & Cole and to Alan's cousin Shelli and her husband Jim for keeping their goddaughter Miss Kendall!!  They were all spoiled rotten the whole weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment