Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

We celebrated Colson's 1st birthday today!  He wasn't feeling it at first....
Poor baby woke up from his nap right when people started to arrive at the party.  He was very confused, didn't understand why all these people were at his house and trying to talk to him.  It was kind of a rough road through dinner, BUT he rallied late in the game and came out quite a little winner :) 




Opening presents was CHAOS!  The big kids all wanted to "help" Colson open presents and I had a hard time controlling what got ripped into and who it was from.  Colson didn't even really get to try to open anything.  He was again overwhelmed by everybody crowding around him :(  He got so many great presents though from our very generous family and friends.  After presents we got his smash cake out and sang happy birthday.  Alan and I thought for sure he'd be in tears, but he did really good!!  Colson loved himself some sugary icing!!

Hmmmm, all the big kids are here to "help" me again
It's pretty good so far, but not to messy yet
So good I'll put some in my hair!

Daddy cuts me off at this point!
Why isn't daddy holding me close to him?!
Cole had a quick bath after cake time and was ready to party some more!


Colson's big cake and his "sock monkey" cookies

We were so blessed with great weather and a great crowd of family and friends to celebrate Colson's 1st birthday.  All the "big kids" played so so so nice together!  Colson is one lucky little boy to have so many people that love him, and we are so lucky to have our Colson.  Happy (early) birthday buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment