Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Days of First Grade!

Alyvia's first day of school was on Friday, August 16th.  She is in Mr. Melick's class this year and she is so excited about that!  She looks so grown up in these pictures :(  She wanted her pony tail to be low and on her shoulder (like the older girls wear it!). 
 I have many worries about school this year.  Alyvia is so smart, but she tends to hurry through her work and she gets very frustrated when she doesn't do it correctly (that must be from her dad- wink, wink).  I hope we can work together on her school work and have calm attitudes with each other.  I also worry so much about her having good friends.  I know she has friends, but little girls can be so catty amongst themselves.  She will be in school with these kids until she graduates high school, another 12 years!  I want her to make at least a couple good friends that will protect her heart and "have her back", it's one of my biggest worries.  I want her to be a good friend too.  To stand up for herself and away from the drama.  Maybe I'm getting a little dramatic myself :)  The first days have been good so far!  She is happy when I pick her up and hasn't had any homework yet :)

Good luck in 1st grade baby girl!  You've got this!

1 comment:

  1. My hope is that she realizes she can do anything she wants to do. Her future is limit-less. She's such a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete