Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring is here?

This past Thursday was the first day of spring....there is approximately 5 inches of snow on the ground right now and it's still coming down.  Yesterday it was sunny and 50 degrees.  Mother nature is very confused this year.  We hardly had any snow before February and now it won't stop.  I'm over it.

Despite Mother Nature's bipolar attitude, we had a very busy weekend around here!  Saturday was Liz's bridal shower that Kelly, Cheryl and I hosted.  I was a little (a lot) nervous that we weren't going to be ready (read: ham was frozen in the middle about 30 minutes before guests arrived) BUT, we somehow pulled it off!  I think everything went relatively smooth and Liz had a nice time :)

Liz and 5 of the 10 bridesmaids!
Today we went to Starved Rock State Park for Palm Sunday brunch with my "Chicago family".  My Aunt Martha, Uncle Dan, cousin Christy and her husband Joe, Great Aunt Vi and Uncle Wally & Uncle Mark made the drive to meet my family at the lodge.  There was a lot of good food and we were able to sit and visit after we ate.  It was a really nice time and a great place to "meet in the middle".  As Livi told my Aunt Martha "I wish we all lived closer and were neighbors" (she's so sweet).
My Babies

Our Family 2013
Finnegan, such a sweet boy
Nana and her Livi girl
Uncle Shane, Aunt Lindsey and Kendall
Cousin Joe, Cousin Christy & Kendall
As if all that wasn't enough, we decided to color Easter eggs tonight after dinner :)  Kendall didn't join us this year, but I'm sure she'll be all about it next year!  The "big kids" had lots of fun and did a great job!

It was a busy, but fun weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment