Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wedding Weekend Fun!

This weekend we went to Arlington Heights for my cousin Amy's wedding.  The kids and I left Friday afternoon and rode up with Nana and Papa because Daddy was farming.  This was the first time I took the kids to a hotel by myself, and shockingly, it didn't go terribly.  Livi slept great!  Cole finally fell asleep around 10 pm (after I threatened to make him sleep on the floor), but poor kid has been fighting a cold so he was up every couple of hours coughing.  He really did pretty good though.  Daddy came up on Saturday afternoon with Un Cha and Finnegan.  We got ready and headed to the wedding that evening.  It was at Arlington race track and it was a really neat place! 




Cole missed the ceremony-he wasn't being bad, just loud :)  Unfortunately, the wedding was late and Colson was tired....a bad combination.  Poor kid just couldn't hack it with being sick and up late :(  He did manage to eat most of his chocolate horseshoe favor....


 We were trying to stay so Alyvia could dance, but Cole started coughing, gagged and got sick.....all over me.  We had to leave immediately.  I felt so bad for Alyvia, she just wanted to dance at the reception.  She was so good about it though, very understanding and didn't whine about it at all.  I've been so proud of her attitude lately.  We went back to the hotel and Cole fell asleep about 5 minutes after he put his head down :)  We drove back home today.  It was a busy weekend, but I'm glad we got to celebrate Amy and Patryk's wedding-congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment